A leak revealed by Qatari opponents ignites the media and socialnetworks of the Arab world. It is the audio recording of a secret conversation between the Libyan ex-dictator, Muammar Gaddafi, and the former Qatari emir Hamad Bin Khalifa al-Thani, father of the current emir.
In this recording, the Emir of Qatar calls President Barack Obama a “slave” and a ” scoundrel”.
In another passage, Gaddafi evokes the “stranglehold of the Muslim Brotherhood” on the Qatari al-Jazeera channel. And the Emir of Qatar confirms and admits that this is “actually true”!
Here is the full verbatim of the recording:
– Gaddafi: This American, when he came to see you, what did he tell you?
– Hamad: May Allah curse him. My brother, why overwhelm me with this slave.
– Gaddafi: Well said, by Allah, you are right.
– Hamad: He’s a scoundrel. By Allah, Moamer, he’s a scoundrel. All I had to do was kiss his head, so he could agree.
– Gaddafi: He is from the Muslim Brotherhood. But the Muslim Brotherhood has control over the al-Jazeera channel. Elements of the Muslim Brotherhood control al-Jazeera’s programs.
-Hamad: I disagree with them. And I agree with you. I can confirm it, what you say is indeed true.
– Gaddafi: This is a big equation …